About the open door trust
The Open Door Community Action Trust was registered with the Charity Commission in 2007. The Open Door Trust (as it is more simply named) was brought into being to pave the way for growth and development of the work of the church into the community.
Objectives of the Open Door Trust are:
- The relief of financial hardship either generally or individually of people living in the Peterborough area, by making grants of money for providing or paying for items, services or facilities.
- To develop the capacity and skills of members of the socially and economically disadvantaged community of
Peterborough, in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet their needs and to participate more fully in society.
- The relief of unemployment for the benefit of the public in such ways as may be thought fit, including assistance to find employment.
- To or for such other charitable purposes as the trustees may from time to time determine.
Projects operating within the Open Door Trust include:
- Project Hosanna (until 2010)
- The Open Door Centre Community Shop
- CAP Debt Counselling
- CAP Money
- Rags to Riches
- Hope into Action